BECOME A FRIEND OF THE GALLERY
Become a Friend of the Gallery and receive:
- free or discounted entry to all gallery functions
- invitations to exhibition and event openings
- regular newsletters outlining activities at the Gallery
- information about workshops, classes and school holiday programs
- exclusive lending rights to the Devonport Regional Gallery's library
- discounts on items in the gallery 'Little Shop' including art supplies and books
- reciprocal benefits with museums and galleries nationally and internationally through the Australian Federation of Friends of Museums
Each year a committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Friends of the Devonport Regional Gallery. Members are invited to nominate for election to positions, and if successful, to contribute to and assist in coordinating the ongoing activities at the Gallery.
For more information or to contact the Friends Committee, write to: The Friends of the Devonport Regional Gallery, PO BOX 28, Devonport, Tasmania, 7310
Interested in becoming a Friend?
Call us on (03) 6424 8296 to complete the membership over the phone, or drop into the Gallery at 45-47 Stewart Street, Devonport.
Friends memberships are valid for a 12 month period
Jennifer Frost has been volunteering at the Devonport Regional Gallery for the past five years. As an active member of the Friends Committee, Jen plays an important role inspiring the group and helping to organise functions and events at the Gallery. Jen is also a practicing artist and her knowledge and skills in the visual arts have kept her motivated and interested in the Gallery’s programs. Jen has also conducted workshops at the Gallery and is passionate about promoting the Gallery and the arts in our region.
Jen can be found in the kitchen prior to an exhibition opening preparing delicious platters and then later assisting the group of volunteers who serve and greet people on opening night. Last year, along with other members of the Friends of the Gallery Committee she put in many hours assisting with the Melbourne Cup luncheon fundraiser which was a great success. Jen is one of those people who make things happen but more importantly she is always up-beat and willing to take on new challenges.